Monday, March 2, 2009

Blog #1 A Beginning..

I am starting this blog to document my journey back to a place I used to love... guitar nirvana. 

There was a time that I ate, slept, dreamt, and lived life through my guitar and guitar playing.  It was a great creative outlet for me, and quite a challenge. I was cursed with shorter than average fingers. This made it hard for me to play, which made me want it even more! The length of my fingers made them very strong, but harder to make chords. This thrust me into being a "lead" guitar player. 

My favorite styles of playing have always been blues, jazz and classic rock. My major influences were, like so many others Hendrix, Vaughan, Clapton, Beck, B.B., Albert and Freddy King. These masters of guitar still highly influence my style to this day. In my next post I will show the start of my journey, my first ever guitar, and post some videos of my playing.

No comments: